- Professionally staged homes present and show better than competing houses for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced houses.
- Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. Home staging shortens this time frame, even in a slow real estate market.
- Staged properties can increase the number of offers and selling price in hot markets.
- Buyers view professionally staged listings as “well-maintained”.
- Buyers’ agents recognize that professionally staged listings are “move-in” ready and are inclined to show staged properties.
- Photos of professionally staged listings look better in print and web media.
- Professionally staged listings “STAND-OUT” in prospective buyers’ minds.
A National Association of Realtors® survey found that the longer a home stays on the market, the further below list price it drops. Homes that sold in the first 4 weeks averaged 1% more than the list price; 4 to 12 weeks averaged 5% less; 13 to 24 weeks averaged 6.4% less than list price; and 24 weeks averaged more than 10% less than list price.
Hiring a Professional Stagers vs. Doing it Yourself
|Stagers are trained professionals and understand exactly what is needed to get your property prepared for sale. They understand current market conditions and know how to get the job done.
||Homeowners do not do this professionally and may not understand market conditions and other important information that dictates how the home should be presented.
|Professional stagers develop relation-ships with industry partners like painters, carpet installers, carpet cleaners, etc. These relationships benefit you because stagers pass on savings. You will gain peace of mind knowing you will receive quality service from people they work with on a regular basis.
||Homeowners may have to pay retail or rely on friends or family to refer a service provider. Do-it-yourselfers may not have the luxury of a previous working relationship to ensure a job well done.
|Professional stagers can “see what the buyer sees”. Buying decisions are made very quickly. Professional stagers know how those decisions are made and create an environment that allows for a favorable decision to be made when buyers look at property.
||Homeowners probably do not have the ability to “see what the buyer sees”. They are not trained in this capacity and it is difficult to be objective about their own home. Staging is an art and a science and requires training and experience.
When considering an investment in staging, it would be reassuring to have the guarantee of a quick sale. Staging doesn’t address price, location and other issues that do affect the length of time a home is on the market. The following information, statistics and guarantee you may find helpful as you consider the benefits of staging as you prepare your home for sale.
- Over 90% of home buyers first look on the internet when searching for a home – unless your home looks spectacular in photos, it probably won’t make the “must see” list.
- When buyers view your home in person, a strong impression and sub-conscious decision is made within the first 10 seconds upon entering your home.
- Curb appeal and first impressions are key in making a sale. Buyers will not linger in a vacant or unappealing home.
- 58% of home buyers view ten properties prior to making a decision. How will your home rank? Will it be forgotten as buyers go from house to house? Staging provides emotional connection points that are remembered long after buyers view the property.
- 63% of home buyers are willing to pay more for a move in ready home. Will your home show as well maintained and “move in ready” or in “as is” condition?
- 96% of realtors advise their clients that staging is an important investment. They know that homes that sell quickly sell for more than homes that linger on the market. Home staging costs are always less than a price reduction.
- Price will bring in buyers, but staging brings in offers. Buying a home is an emotional decision. Staging addresses the psychology of viewing the home and presenting it in the best possible light.
- Statistics repeatedly prove that staged homes sell quicker and for more money than unstaged homes. Personally, we have staged homes that have been on the market for over a year, and had them sell within weeks.
Hi Margaret – Thank you for your help on my listings. I am especially grateful for the staging you did at Brooklane. It really helped the house sell faster than we expected. Your work is fantastic and invaluable!
Lisa Marie Warren, Town & Country Realty Corvallis Oregon
Thank you for your expert advice and guidance, for it contributed to the quick sale of my parent’s house. We sincerely appreciate you and the quality service you delivered. We are fortunate to have met you.
Robert – Out of state seller of parent’s home in Salem Oregon – sold over asking price in 3 days after listing
You are so great at your job and we feel you have helped us so much. We are taking all your suggestions to task and we are busy getting the house ready to sell. We will share with our agent what a great experience we had with you. You are amazing. Thank you again for all you have done for us to make selling our house a little easier.
Laurie B. Salem Oregon home seller following a staging consultation
Had professional photos of house staged up on MLS for 20 min and have a showing set for tonight already. Home was vacant with no furniture and amateur pics for 52 days and had 2 showings. I’m a huge fan of yours already. Thanks again.
Eric, Sundance Realty